Summer admin training 2015 day 1
Summer is always a great time to reflect and regroup for the upcoming year, and today my enthusiasm just got a shot in the arm! Ernie Chapin, a veteran educator and speaker was speaking my language – can’t wait to bring it back to MSE #schoolofheroes!
Big takeaways today:
- Relationships with kids is the most important thing a teacher can cultivate
- Kids with the most trouble in school are the ones who need those positive relationships the most
- Unite students and staff around a positive mentally affirming creed for your school
- Kids who experience aggression at home will not respond well to trying to intimidate or being tough with them
- You cannot take what kids say personally
- Kids know when you care, and will respond to it
- Mse is on the right track!