The 8 days before Christmas
Less than 8 days until Christmas break. What can I do in 8 days? Well, I could…
1) Teach citizenship by writing letters to santa on behalf of the world, asking for what we think would make the world a better place.
2) Teach cause and effect by eating cookies every day and showing them how much weight I keep gaining (just kidding – but this will happen with or without the lesson)
3) Teach healthy eating habits by making a healthy cookie or cake recipe with squash grated inside for added nutrients
4) On the subject of cooking, bring in a whole cooked chicken and take it apart, finding the bones like archeologists excavating, and learning about bird skeletons, and vertebrates vs. invertebrates – move on to animal classification
5) Keep our brains full of blood with a jump rope break
6) Have a Christmas book party, where everyone reads a Christmas book and then tells the class about it
7) Use the 12 days of Christmas to talk about multiplication – If you had a group of 4 calling birds, and you multiplied it by 12, how many calling birds would you have?
8) Teach money by requiring them to buy you a present – or you could just do this in class with fake money, and everyone has to buy something with the 3 dollars you give them, and make change. Either way.
Happy 2 weeks before the Holidays! Don’t go crazy in the meantime!